Tuesday, April 17, 2007

After the Surgery

Well, it was a long and trying day, but Cam came through it like a champ! We left the house at about 4:15am and they took her back at 8:30am. I was able to go back to see her at about 10:30am so the surgery was very fast. The doctor feels really good about his work so we are hoping that we won't have to do it again! We will know for sure at a 6 week check-up.

Cam did really well. She wasn't too fussy (considering the circumstances). By the time we got home, she wanted a bottle and then wanted in her walker to chase the dogs! She is pretty much back to normal. Her eyes are fairly straight, though the doctor said that we will have to wait until the sutures heal to know how straight they will stay. It's amazing. I teared up when I saw her open her eyes in the recovery room. I also passed out, but that's another story... I guess I am not good with seeing blood :)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We will keep you posted with more (better) pics and progress!

All our love,

A, B and C

No comments: